This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Privacy Act.
We will review this policy from time to time. We encourage you to check our website regularly as any updated policy will be available on our website.
If you have any questions, please contact our Privacy Officer.
2. Types of Personal Information That We Collect and Hold
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not), about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
When you use and access our website at www.abiinteriors.co.nz (Site) to browse or purchase our products or to create an account, we may collect and hold personal information about you, including:
- Contact information, such as your name, phone number, email address, billing address, postal address and signature.
- Payment information, including credit card numbers.
- Device information such as information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and cookies that are installed on your device.
- Page and product information such as the web pages you visit while on the Site, the products that you view while on the Site, and information about the websites or search terms that referred you to the Site.
3. How We Collect Your Personal Information
3.1 Collecting Personal Information From You
We may collect your personal information when you use and access the Site to browse or purchase products or to create or access your account.
3.2 Collecting Personal Information From Other Sources
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources where you have consented to the collection of the information from someone else, or where we are authorised by law to collect the information from someone else, or it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect the information from you personally.
At all times, this information is collected by lawful means and in a manner that respects your privacy.
3.3 Notification of Collection of Personal Information
If we collect your Personal Information from third parties in circumstances where you may not be aware that we have collected your Personal Information, and that information can be used to identify you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of the collection and the circumstances that surround the collection.
3.4 Use of Tracking Tools
- Cookies are text files placed into the browser used by your computer to store your preferences. These cookies collect information on how you and other visitors use our Site.
- Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor visitor behaviour and collect data about each visitor viewing our site.
- Log files track actions occurring on the Site and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages and date-time stamps.
- Google Analytics is a service which transmits website traffic data. It will not identify individual users and IP addresses with any other data held by Google. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here, and you may choose to opt out of Google Analytics here.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, web beacons or other tracking tools. If you prefer, you can set your browser to refuse these by selecting the appropriate settings or blocking, deleting or disabling them if your browser or device permits.
3.5 Social Media
We may collect Personal Information about you when you interact with us through social media channels. Please note that we will only interact with you on confidential matters via a secure forum.
4. Use and Disclosure
4.1 Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use Personal Information for a variety of purposes to effectively conduct our business including:
- to process your orders, including processing payment information, arranging for shipping and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations,
- to provide you with access to your online account,
- to improve our services and optimise our site,
- to provide you with marketing materials and targeted advertising in relation to our products,
- to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns,
- to communicate with you, including:
- to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services,
- to respond to questions or complaints,
- to screen our orders for potential risk of fraud; and
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice.
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of the information for another purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act (e.g. you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for another purpose or the use or disclosure of the information is required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order).
- our subsidiaries and related entities including ABI Interiors Pty Ltd,
- our advisers and consultants,
- third parties that provide services to us, including but not limited to WooCommerce who powers our online store, and Facebook, Google, Pinterest and LinkedIn to create Targeted advertising; and
- any other person where you have given your consent
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to your personal and confidential information.
- we will not sell, gift, rent or trade your Personal Information to anyone.
We will not use or disclose Personal Information we hold about you that was collected for a particular purpose for any other unrelated purpose, unless:
4.2 Disclosure to Third Parties
To help us carry out our business functions, we may disclose PersonalInformation about you to third parties, including:
4.3 Disclosure Overseas
Your Personal Information is stored on our servers in Sydney, Australia. We may also disclose your Personal Information overseas when we disclose information to Facebook, Google, Pinterest or LinkedIn for the purposes of targeted advertising. This information is hashed prior to disclosure and will be deleted by the recipient platform if you do not have an account with that platform. We do not otherwise disclose your Personal Information outside New Zealand.
5. Marketing and Advertising
5.1 Direct Marketing
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with information about products or services that may interest you. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, you may:
- contact the Privacy Officer; or
- opt-out of receiving further marketing material via any opt-out mechanism contained in our marketing correspondence.
5.2 Targeted Advertising
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications about products or services that may interest you. You can find more information about how targeted advertising works here. If you do not wish to receive targeted advertising on the following platforms, you can opt out by following the links below:
6. Protecting Personal Information
6.1 Storing Personal Information
We store your personal information in electronic form in our server in Sydney, Australia.
We safeguard your personal information and protect it from misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or interference by maintaining:
- Physical security measures for accessing systems, including restricting access to authorised personnel only, control of access to buildings, and use of user identifiers and passwords.
- Electronic security systems such as firewalls and data encryption, antivirus, antispyware, and backup and recovery of systems, including use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) on pages transmitting personal information.
- Procedural security measures including imposing confidentiality obligations on employees, consultants, and contractors, providing them with training, and requiring them to comply with strict privacy and security policies and procedures.
6.2 What Happens If We No Longer Need Your Personal Information?
If we no longer need your personal information for any purpose, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the information, unless the information is contained in a Commonwealth record or we are required by law, or a court/tribunal order, to retain the information.
7. Access To, and Correction Of, Personal Information
7.1 Access to Personal Information
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer.
We will respond to a request for access within a reasonable time and give you access in the manner you request if it is reasonable and practical to do so, unless an exception in the Privacy Act applies. For example, we may need to refuse to grant you access if providing this access may disclose personal information about another person.
We may need to verify your identity before we give you access to your personal information. Depending on the nature of the request, we may charge you a small fee to access that information.
7.2 Requesting Correction
You may ask us to correct any information about you that you think is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, or misleading. We will respond to a correction request within a reasonable timeframe.
If we correct your personal information that we have previously disclosed to another entity, and you ask us to tell the other entity about the correction, we will take reasonable steps to tell the other entity about the correction unless it is impractical or unlawful to do so.
7.3 Refusal to Allow Access To, or Correction of Personal Information
If we refuse to allow you access to your personal information or to correct that information, then we will provide you with the reasons for our decision as required by the Privacy Act. We will also inform you of mechanisms available to complain about the refusal.
You have the option to remain anonymous or to use a pseudonym when dealing with us where it is lawful and practical to do so. However, without your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services.
9. Complaints About Personal Information
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or would like further information, please contact our Privacy Officer:
- Privacy Officer
- Telephone: (09) 801 0908
- Mail: Privacy Officer, ABI Interiors
- 3/128 Kortum Drive, Burleigh Heads, QLD 4220, Australia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9.2 External Complaint Mechanism
If you are not happy with the outcome of the Privacy Officer’s investigation or we have not replied to you within a reasonable time, then you can raise your concern with the Privacy Commissioner. Complaints can be made in the following ways:
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
- Telephone: 0800 803 909
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: PO Box 10094, The Terrace, Wellington 6143, New Zealand
- Online: www.govt.nz/browse/consumer-rights-and-complaints/how-to-complain/privacy-complaints/