SHELLEY CRAFT X ABI INTERIORS
Recently, ABI Interiors have had the honour of collaborating with Shelley Craft and we’re so excited to have finally made the
announcement and have the opportunity to share our story with you!
Australian TV personality, Shelley Craft, has been apart of home renovations and improvements throughout her career, so we were incredibly intrigued that she had selected our tapware range to use in her latest project, “Pacifico Cottage”, a 1950’s beach shack in beautiful Byron Bay which was completely renovated in a record time of 8 weeks!
“Welcome to Pacifico Cottage – We’re in, it was quick, we love it and we’re done!” – Shelley Craft
What is unique and significant about this particular renovation, is that Shelley’s colour palette for the interior of the entire home was inspired by ABI Interiors Brushed Copper range, which has been used in all sinks, basins and tapware throughout the kitchen, bathrooms & laundry!
The Brushed Copper is not only featured in the tapware, but is also in-keeping with the consistency of colour tones within the interior of this beautifully refurbished beach shack.
“The colour palette kind of spilt over into the cabinetry, and into the door handles and into the furnishings, so it was truly the inspiration for the whole house!” – Shelley Craft
In our vlog, Shelley also gives us a tour of the main bathroom, which features her beautiful Oak vanity and reveals the tucked away shower with an unexpected amount of space, complete with our gorgeous Brushed Copper DANA shower head. Her goal was to create a very versatile family friendly bathroom in a small space all while being aware of time.
WATCH “PACIFICO COTTAGE” VIDEO REVEAL
Shelley was able to achieve this unique home and bathroom transformation by keeping all plumbing in the same place and ultimately cutting down on costs. While completing an entire home renovation in 8 weeks may sound impossible, Shelley has definitely taught us that anything is achievable when you are backed by a great team. To show you just how possible this can really be, we have decided to reveal all the finer details and list the amazing team behind the design and development of the Pacifico Cottage renovation, see below for the full trade list.
- Kinsman Wardrobes: White Satin with oak handles
- Kinsman banquette seating with storage and laundry cabinets: Oyster Grey
- Kitchen: we just replaced the kitchen doors with Polytec Copper Leaf and kept the old carcass. Added new oak handles from Kethy
- Island Bench: Slab Shapers custom
- Versace Timber moulding in Cirque profile under the kitchen bench and on the wall behind the dining table and the 2 barn doors for the bathrooms
- Flooring: Carpet Court Riveria Oak colour: Amalfi
- Tiles by Beaumont Tiles in Ballina
- Floor: Vintage sand penny rounds
- Walls: York white matt
- Big Ass Fans: Haiku in Caramel Bamboo
- Exterior paint: Accent Paint in Diorite
- Interior: Accent Paint in Cotton Sheets
- Carpet Court roller blinds in Bluewash Block out
- Rugs: Dharma Door and MissAmara
- IKEA Dining Table: MOCKELBY
- Banquette pink seat cushions by ‘The Dusty Road’ Upholstery Byron Bay
- Sideboard under tv: The Iconic Sideboard
- Bench seat at dining table and stools at counter are from The Beach Furniture
- Outdoor lights: ideas4lighting.com Konstsmide Vega wall lamp
- Internal wall sconces: Astro Kymi wall light
- Grey Couch: Montauk Chaise from Hope and May Byron Bay
- Bamelieke Coffee table: garage sale from Mister Zimi’s house x
- Sling chair in lounge area: The OG Lo Chair from JDLee Furniture
- Large Leather floor cushions: Tigmi Trading
- Mustard cushions with X: Biku Furniture and Homewares
- LA SIRENA By Jai Vasicek in entry landing (Byron Bay)
- TRANCENDENT By Tania Blanchard (Currumbin, Gold Coast)
- DESERT TRACKS By Myee Harlow (local artist)
Completing a renovation or home transformation of any kind, while exciting can also be just as overwhelming when there are endless options and you have countless ideas. If you’re stuck on where to start, perhaps you can take some inspiration from this transformation and the concept of basing your renovation around one particular colour, style or product range.
Our collaboration with Shelley has definitely inspired us and we hope it has opened up the idea of stepping out of your comfort zone, or thinking a little outside the box in order to create something completely unique and wonderful like “Pacifico Cottage”.
“As you can see it has turned out to be one magnificent little home, my family’s really happy here. It’s fun, it’s light, I got to use a lot of colour, which isn’t my normal style, I’m much more of an earthy person!” – Shelley Craft
Over the course of time, we watched this transformation come to life and it was an absolute pleasure working with Shelley and following her journey from start to finish. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed being so closely apart of the process of a renovation being completed based around the purchase of our products!
If you are about to begin a similar renovation, don’t hesitate to reach out to us!